Rigorously analyze & quantify the safety of autonomous systems & their components.
Safety consulting, analysis & evaluation services for autonomous systems during development, commissioning, and deployment.
Automotive safety is driven by international standards and regulations. For automotive electronic systems, the ISO 26262 standard drives Functional Safety for electrical and electronic systems since 2011. ISO 26262 has been absorbed by the automotive controls, software and electronics community for design and validation of electronic systems for Functional Safety, ensuring the release of safe automotive electronic systems to the public.
The problem – Safety of Autonomous Driving systems
The high complexity of autonomous driving (AD) systems and the complexity in validating AD for production release
- wide range of operating conditions, including varying weather & traffic laws;
- interactions with their surroundings, including other vehicles, pedestrians, and complex built environments;
- perception for full reliable identification of the surrounding environment;
- trajectory planning and execution.
The draft standard ISO 21448 ‘Safety of the Intended Functionality’ (
For autonomous vehicles to be accepted by the public, the industry must achieve the highest levels of safety and reliability. Sensmetry provides consultancy services to help companies navigate the complex space of autonomous system safety and validation.
We provide consulting and safety analytics services to help
- OEMs and suppliers prepare and meet the upcoming international AD/ADAS safety standardization requirements,
- Infrastructure providers establish requirements and safety evaluation procedures to deploy autonomous systems safely.
Sensmetry develops and uses rigorous methodologies to analyze autonomous system perception, planning and control subsystems in order to independently quantify their performance characteristics and failure rates.